L.O.V.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

2 posters

Website with words from those who knew Michael

Joygirl
    Joygirl

Website with words from those who knew Michael Empty Website with words from those who knew Michael

Post  Joygirl Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:36 am

I've found a website forum with stories from people who met Michael. It's very interesting, I hope you all smile like I did while reading Website with words from those who knew Michael 674127
    http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album.html

"At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . . ."
    lol!
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Website with words from those who knew Michael Empty Re: Website with words from those who knew Michael

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 am

Website with words from those who knew Michael 531118

Website with words from those who knew Michael 909372 thats hysterical!!! What a great way to 'get through' to people - it tells us a lot about Michael and his way of dealing with things where he can make his point in a way that does,nt go against his own principles...

Thank you for this great link these people worked personally with MJ on some of the greatest work he ever did and its totally awesome to read them. Everyone should read the stories on this link. I love you
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Website with words from those who knew Michael Empty Re: Website with words from those who knew Michael

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 am

This is amazing. One of the sound engineers provided this link of Michael when he had got drunk and come back to the studio to re record Billie Jean. The guy said that MJ was drunk but then someone else says, no he was,nt it was one of the original versions when he was working out the words I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8reGEben0g0&sref=http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-8.html

BUT we are lucky to hear this because it would be a personal moment as MJ is figuring out his ideas for the song.

Amazing. bounce
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:49 am

Well Im still SO ENGROSSED in this link from Joygirl because its just the CLOSEST anyone is going to get to Michael and I am lost inside it reading about the mixing and the studio work as I have worked a lot in studios and just love this thread so MUCH.

But there are a few contradictions like, Michael played instruments and others say he did,nt. Not important, but one thing has stood out to me as this thread was written after MJ passed.

It was stated that there was NEVER any studio in Neverland !!! That in fact his studio was in Hayvenhurst which is the Encino property. Nobody came back to say that in 2003 there was a studio in Neverland at all. I was puzzled as I believed that Martin Bashirs interview with Michael at that time took part in Michaels studio in NEVERLAND as that is where he went to interview him? so I am a touch puzzled about that at this point. Remember these are people on this thread that KNOW Michael so surely they would have know he had a recording studio at Neverland. I cant imagine him NOT having one there. Website with words from those who knew Michael 909229

There are some amazing conversations about Michael on this thread too - and I laughed about the Dat Machines I had two of them once myself well three actually but one got pinched and I still have a whole bunch of Dat tapes today which will never ever be played again with all old demos on. Its a real trip reading this thread I cant wait for all of you to read it and Im so grateful to Joygirl for finding it as this to me is the nitty gritty of Michael that really resonates with my own musical feelings and he works the same way I work to get new melodies and that is to put them to someone else to set down as I couldnt play an instrument except a little on piano.

Anyone who loves the behind the scenes studio information is going to be taking a real live experience reading this.

Im totally Website with words from those who knew Michael 638936 its fabulous... Website with words from those who knew Michael 12375
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 am

Heres another really funny story from one of the engineers who is really close to Michael - as you can guess its involves food again... lol!

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-14.html

One fear of mine was that I knew there’d come a day that it would be just Michael and I in the same room one on one. I’d rehearsed it in the mirror over and over, just what was I going to say to this guy??? Well that day came, and what was probably seconds, seemed like a very long time. Catering had arrived at the Studio and here Michael and I were standing by ourselves. I was looking at the floor and said to myself, “this is it, this is what I‘ve been afraid of, I’m going to have to break the ice.” I took a big deep breath and raised my head to speak and … wham .. I got hit with a handful of corn, I thought, “oh no this is going to be war” … I picked up some pickles and threw them at Michael, then he threw something else and it went back and forth for a while. We were laughing so hard (I had to clean it all up later of coarse) but for three weeks we couldn’t look at each other without laughing. What a great way for him to make me feel at ease. Michael really has a great sense of humor, he just loves seeing people do a 3 stooges act and fumble all over themselves. I wish there were more people in the world exactly like Michael Jackson, he is truly one amazing human being.
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:15 am

Website with words from those who knew Michael MJDrawing_2b

This picture is explained by one of Michaels engineers and friends.

Here's a drawing Michael made while in the Studio during BAD, I thought you all would enjoy seeing. Michael was 28 years old at the time. I asked Michael one day if he was going to include drawings in the artwork on BAD, like he did on Thriller and that I really enjoyed them. He said he would if he had time. enjoy.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-15.html
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 am

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-15.html

Read the last post on this page above. Someone asks about the Memorial song and the word PAIN and PAINS - notice - nobody answers it.... affraid
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:27 am

Its confirmed here that there was a Neverland Ranch Studios, wonder why that other guy said there was,nt.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-17.html

quote..

If you worked in the Encino studio on demos, how was it to work there? Was Michael working differently? Was the family involved sometimes?
    Same for Neverland Ranch Studios.
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:32 am

Originally Posted by living sounds
    Does anyone know to what degree MJ actually sang live and how much was lip syncing? Every live performance just sounds so perfect, even the ones where he isn't dancing (and could theoretically have sung live).

Quote:
    I'm no expert- but I've been picking up where my childhood Jackson obsession left off over the past few days, and it appears that outside of that motown tv special most stuff up until the nineties has live vocals- see the bad tour footage from Japan on youtube etc.

At the point where tapes were providing all the bvs- that's when it started sounding less interesting. He may have been singing SOMETHING live- but often not the lead vocal I guess
    The whole of The '84 Victory tour with the Jacksons was live. Motown 25 Medley with the Jacksons was live, Billie Jean was sadly lip-synched.

The '87 leg of the Bad tour was 100% live but towards the end and in 1988 some parts were mimed including Thriller, most of Man In The Mirror before the ad-libs and Smooth Criminal. Smooth Criminal is really fair enough because that would a be a nightmare for anyone to sings whilst dancing.

The '88 Grammys MITM was lip-synched up until the ad-libs. That always drives me crazy for so many reasons. Firstly, when he sings live and nails it, he BEATS the studio versions and you only have to listen to the Grammy ad-libs to hear maybe his most impressive live vocal work-out ever. Also, performers perform differently when lip-synching, they just don't connect to the song in the same way. You can literally see MJ come ALIVE on the Grammys when his mis is turned on, he literally switches up a gear and gives everything. From observing him and other over the years I just don't believe that in a free-form i.e. non-choreographed performance, that you get the same passion and intensity when lip-synching. I don't blame Prince for sitting there looking bemused.

A Sammy Davis Tribute song in '87 (I think) was sung live. 'It's called 'You Were There'.

MJ lip synched the MTV Black or White and WYBT performances bar the poem at the end of WYBT. Such an absolute shame. Those performances could have been legendary had he sung live. Instead they're largely forgotten outside of the fan base. From this point on there wasn't a single award show performance with a full live vocal.

MJ sang Gong Too Soon live at Clinton's Inaguration. He was clearly and reportedly nervous, missed the high notes and fluffed the 'sun......flower' line. Such a shame. I don't understand why he seemed to come to doubt his own ability in these later years.

Althought the 1992 dangerous rehearsals show MJ singing everything live, when the tour started several things were mimed including Jam (fair enough), Thriller, WYBT, Heal The World (inexcusable) and most of Man In The Mirror.

Other award show performances and one-off from the point on were all mimed with the possible exception of 'Elizabeth I Love You' in 1998 which may have been partly live to a backing track but is hard to tell when he comes in.

The general rule for miming is 'If you doubt that it's live, it isn't live'. When something is live yopu can tell straight away without question.

MTV 1995 was mimed bar a few screams, speech before Dangerous and YANA ad libs. In his ad-libs, as on the HIStory tour and '99 WMCIG shows, he sounds better than the studio vocal he just mimed to and I wonder how and why he chose to do this in front of an audience of his peers. People rave about the performance in '95 and it's on the HIStory 2 DVD but to me it's utterly redundant bar it's significance as his first performance after the allegations and some cool steps during the medley.

HIStory was a horrendously lip-synched tour. Even the poor backing singers, despite visibly singing their hearts out, were actually doing so whilst MJ's own studio backing vocals pumped through the system.

Basically, the ENTIRE shows was lip-synched var Startin' Somethin', the J5 medley ad libs for Beat It, Billie Jean, YANA and a few other songs and the odd intro and scream here and there.

I personally can't understand this and would love to know MJ's own real private reasons. I'm sure there are many including saving his voice and perfectionism but then why as the one and only full live songs did he pick Startin' Somethin', the HARDEST songs to sing bar Criminal and struggle badly to sing it when compared to previous tours? Why not sing Stranger and YANA live? Or Earthsong? Or even better, just rotate the live songs each night depending on how he felt?

He actually came close to releasing a DVD of that tour. A LIVE DVD lol. Come on! Why not sing each song live for posterity at least once? I can't believe that this wasn't something that was important to him and never occcured to him. He has only sung ONE song live from Dangerous, HIStory, Blood and Invincible: Gone To Soon at the Clinton gala. To me that's one of the saddest things: the missed opportunities. The greatest live performer of all time doesn't even have and can never have a great live album spanning his career.

If you want to show a non-fan or casual fan why MJ is so great live, you have to resort to a bootlegged copy of a Bad show. How sad is that? I'd never show anyone the HIStory show and the 'official' Bucharest Dangerous show ranks about 20 out of those pro-shot shows available.

MJ has never been taken very seriously among many serious music critics and musicians. Had he done something like an MTV unplugged and really sung a lot of his stuff live with a REAL band as a bandleader he could have earned that respect. It's one of the sadest things to me that he missed so many opportunities like this.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-18.html
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Website with words from those who knew Michael Empty PRINCE MJ AND MICHAEL ON STAGE

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoxNzOOoQU

Fascinating...prince does a real 'takeover' job here - he is really aware of his ability to 'do everything' - and I think hes amazing as an artiste, but I wonder if he was trying to prove something here? Michael only does a little bit of adlib to ongoing jamming and a quick dance - before Prince comes on who was called a few times...

Phew...not sure if it was egos, but these two were pretty dynamic not to mention James Brown..Music is very competative you know even if it aint on the surface...

I think Prince admired Michael though, I think they admired each other...
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Website with words from those who knew Michael Empty spring of '95 at Larabee.

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 am

Heres a picture of some of the engineers and people who worked with Michael. I will post the picture and what was said about it just as I found it. Just had to print this as it really is history and I hope you are reading the thread Joygirl posted. It answers so many questions about Michaels music. One of the guys top row to the very right has been cut off so check the link below to see picture in full.

Website with words from those who knew Michael Rob%20MJ%20session%20sm

QUESTION WAS

I found a wonderful picture on Rob Hoffman's website! Rob, may you tell us who's who? Based on the other pictures on the website, I think you're the one behind Michael. And I think that John is on your left. Am I right? When was this photo taken?

ANSWER TO QUESTION

Back row Craig, Andrew Scheps, me, Brad Sundberg, Matt Forger
    Front row Bruce Swedien, the Glove, Eddie Delena

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/403276-post-here-if-you-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album-21.html
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:47 pm

http://michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8196

In the posts above it was declared about Michael likely lip synching in various tours.

The link In this post is from the hoax forum talking about Michael and a youtube supplied where he said it was his LAST tour - and that there appeared to be lip synching in other tours.

All I can say is - interesting because - Michael was such an icon that if he ever used doubles people would,nt notice it because they were always SCREAMING.

If you watch anything in youtube with Michael where there is an audience, even his sony statement about Tommy Motolla, you just cant hear the guy because people scream and shout over everything Michael says as soon as he opens his mouth. I dont even know how people KNEW what Michael every said - they treated him like an idol to badly that being human just was,nt on the list. You know, there are some wonderful fans on this forum who know exactly what Im saying here - so its not a negative to fans or anything like that, its just the truth.

Therefore it would not at all surprise me that when Michael was,nt Michael the screaming and hysteria could very well have been blind to it.... Website with words from those who knew Michael 744843

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:38 pm