L.O.V.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

5 posters

MICHAELS HAT

EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

MICHAELS HAT Empty MICHAELS HAT

Post  EMPATHY Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:10 pm

Laying table for Dinner today and happened to have a programme of Antiques Roadshow on. Unfortunately I dont know how old the programme was but in case you dont know this is a british TV programme where people take their antiques to a specified place maybe on the lawn of a mansion or some picturesque place and they get them valued and an expert talks about them. Most people go and take their antiques or objects to find out how much they can get or how much they are worth.

Anyway so I tuned in absentmindedly and a girl had Michael Jacksons hat!! Apparently she had won it in a competition and sure enough he had his name on the inside brim. She wanted to know obviously 'what it was worth'. The lady expert said if your going to sell, sell it now as she said it was worth upwards of four times the diamante glove that got sold so god knows how much that hat is worth .

Well I reakon she is going to sell it and I thought I would give you all the heads up to check out EBAY.CO.UK as it seems to me that this hat will go on there but if not I reakon it could end up at Sotherbys Auction.

The only problem of course is how old the programme was because it was on a subsidiary programme and no idea when it was made. Anyway just to let you know what I saw. Obviously if anyone knows that Michaels hat has been sold by a girl who won it then it has already been making that young lady quite rich.

Shes a true fan but practically she has hit a goldmine with her hat. ...or should I say..Michael's hat. That is what the future will hold for some fans, selling his memorabilia.
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

MICHAELS HAT Empty Re: MICHAELS HAT

Post  EMPATHY Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:13 pm

UPDATE; Ha, I just decided to google that and would you believe it was September 2009!! Here is the article so that programme was very old! And looks like she must have decided to sell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/michael-jackson/6203607/Hat-worn-by-Michael-Jackson-worth-25000-fan-told.html#
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:15 pm

Hey this is interesting its about Michaels hat too and they are discussing the very same thing, its all old news of course but its still interesting and at least I know now that the programme was old.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/archive/index.php/t-46095.html
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm

lovemj2
    lovemj2

Post  lovemj2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Two hats? jocolor MICHAELS HAT 909372
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

lovemj2 wrote:Two hats? jocolor MICHAELS HAT 909372

Im think there are clearly lots of hats lol!
    lovemj2
    lovemj2

Post  lovemj2 Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:40 pm

yup lol
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:45 pm

lovemj2 wrote:yup lol

but hopefully ...only one head!
    Lemonbread

Post  Lemonbread Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:54 am

What is that old adage about shedding many hats or wearing many hats.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:30 am

Lemonbread wrote:What is that old adage about shedding many hats or wearing many hats.

I dont know if you are thinking about the metaphor about wearing many hats that basically means playing different roles or seeign things from different perspectives. E g if you are in a situation where you have divided interests you might see things from one perspective wearing one hat and another perspective wearing a different hat.

Hope this is helpful to you, Lemon.

Queen of cats
    butterfly
    butterfly

Post  butterfly Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 am

QueenOfCats wrote:
    Lemonbread wrote:What is that old adage about shedding many hats or wearing many hats.

I dont know if you are thinking about the metaphor about wearing many hats that basically means playing different roles or seeign things from different perspectives. E g if you are in a situation where you have divided interests you might see things from one perspective wearing one hat and another perspective wearing a different hat.

Hope this is helpful to you, Lemon.

Queen of cats

Gee I always thought a person "wearing many hats" was someone who had his fingers in many pies - like a jack of all trades. Sometimes even I think I wear too many hats!!

lol!
    Lemonbread

Post  Lemonbread Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:49 am

QOC, you hit the nail right on the head with that one. I could not remember the wording correctly. That means that Michael was doing that for the majority of his life. Wearing different hats and taking off many hats and not being allow to wear just one.
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 am

Talking about hats, this was in the news today, except it is the white hat and not the black hat. Nothing in black and white is there? lol!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2164874/The-hat-Michael-Jackson-famous-goes-hammer-expected-fetch-10-000.html
    lovemj2
    lovemj2

Post  lovemj2 Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 am

EMPATHY wrote:Talking about hats, this was in the news today, except it is the white hat and not the black hat. Nothing in black and white is there? lol!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2164874/The-hat-Michael-Jackson-famous-goes-hammer-expected-fetch-10-000.html
    Nope MICHAELS HAT 909372
    starfish
    starfish

Post  starfish Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:32 am

Wwhat to expect from Fiddes...

Anyway, back to the beginning, Michael had very interesting role in black and white old movie Gilda. Isn't it?
    Lemonbread

Post  Lemonbread Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:21 pm

All of this reminds me of the cartoon Spy Vs Spy. The Black Spy Vs The White Spy. I do not know why that thought popped into my head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:25 pm