L.O.V.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

5 posters

TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE

mjapyt2009

TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE Empty TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE

Post  mjapyt2009 Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:54 pm

They are claiming in MJHD that TMZ put their link as a source about Debbie visiting forest lawn and meeting MJ fans. However. TMZ quickly removed the link on their webpage. See forum to check their discussion.

Interesting... When do you think TMZ is going to acknowledge the hoax sites? Or are they going to do it?

"Are you ready? The Hoax is going mainstream!"
    http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxdeath.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5002

"Reason to why TMZ credited MJHD"
    http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxdeath.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5109

Here's Lisa Burks site who is said to be the owner of Debbie at FL photos:
    http://lisaburks.typepad.com/gravehunting/2010/03/photo-finish.html

This morning TMZ picked up details about Debbie Rowe's visit to Forest Lawn Glendale yesterday from a thread started by Jessicathx on the Michael Jackson Hoax Death website. The thread began with a re-posted eyewitness account written by Erin Jacobs from another forum and subsequently included two photos from Facebook.

One of the photos was mine, a mobile upload posted yesterday afternoon to my own FB. It has since been removed from my FB, replaced instead with other watermarked photos and disclaimers in the follow up story I posted last night to my blog, on Twitter and FB -- before any mainstream media had it. In any case, Jessica noted on the thread that she found the photos on a FB group but didn't provide a link to her source.

As a result, TMZ sourced the story and photos to MJHD. Since I worked into the wee hours of the morning, I pretty much slept through shit hitting the fan at daybreak. Thankfully, Erin took the lead and immediately alerted TMZ to the origin of the materials. Once she did, three different TMZ staff members contacted me in an effort to make things right:

TMZBeforeBEFORE AND AFTERTMZAfter

This is not just a case of giving credit where credit is due, although admittedly that's an important element.

This was also important to pursue because TMZ readers were being re-directed to speculation on a chat board written by people who weren't there, rather than to a primary source written and photographed by someone who was. An incorrect credit link just wasn't helpful in telling the story, nor did it do Debbie justice.

A lot of people have expressed various opinions on today's events and overall accountability in reporting. Here's my bottom line:

I have nothing against MJHD and think it was a case of all-around improper netiquette, not malice. I find their site to be interesting, despite the fact that I believe Michael is, sadly, dead. But overall, I don't mind people using my images, as long as linkbacks are provided. Unfortunately, that doesn't always happen so I've had to resort to watermarking newsworthy images.

Since this all happened, The Insider has posted pap coverage of Debbie's time at Forest Lawn yesterday. Their materials were licensed by Splash. People have asked if I sold any of my images. I did not, although I was contacted by Splash and other agencies with offers, all of which were declined.

Thank you to Debbie Rowe for being you, Erin and the gang at Justice4MJ who helped this morning, as well as everyone at TMZ for your prompt professionalism.
    EMPATHY
    EMPATHY
    Admin

TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE Empty Re: TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE

Post  EMPATHY Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:41 am

I agree that if anybody is reading something that is part of another persons posting or work they should have the courtesy to LINK back to that source. Quite a few people have ignored that about the tarot as you all well know. All I can say is that we remain courteous ourselves and always link back to the people that we source any information. I noticed TMZ was possibly on my blogger recently having seen a link back there - interesting! TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 12375
    Artisticflare
    Artisticflare

Post  Artisticflare Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Makes you go mmmmmmmmmmmmm???
    mjapyt2009

Post  mjapyt2009 Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 pm

See screenshot of TMZ siting MJHD as the source.

http://dianajeann.blogspot.com/
    ionkazl
    ionkazl

Post  ionkazl Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:03 am

This is very sad I hope not true. Michael does not want so see the Lord TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 194481
    Where did this series - VH1 Crime Scene Michael Jackson TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 1220
    Where this has been Dogolvr these clips to put them on YouTube TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 909229
    starfish
    starfish

Post  starfish Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 am

Yes, they continue to convince people to accept what is give official.
    ionkazl
    ionkazl

Post  ionkazl Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:18 am

Starfish really continue to make videos just to no doubt that Michael is gone. TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 674127
    But we know that he just relax somewhere with children with a book in hand HIHI TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 12375
    starfish
    starfish

Post  starfish Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 am

ionkazl wrote:Starfish really continue to make videos just to no doubt that Michael is gone. TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 674127
    But we know that he just relax somewhere with children with a book in hand HIHI TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 12375

I liked that sentence relax somewhere. .. TMZ USING HOAX SITE AS A SOURCE 932824

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:38 pm