L.O.V.E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

L.O.V.E

L.O.V.E

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

2 posters

Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11).

starfish
    starfish

Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11). Empty Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11).

Post  starfish Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:17 am

Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11)

The ‘Love in this Club’ hitmaker gave a high energy show, mixing songs from his latest album ‘Raymond V. Raymond’ with his back catalogue as he brought his ‘OMG’ world tour to London as part of American Express’ Preferred Seating programme.

At one point between tracks he addressed the crowd, saying: “It is an honour to play this venue, where we all looked forward to seeing a legend perform, but who sadly didn’t make it to those shows – although I would like to perform a tribute to that man.”

As a conveyor belt brought across a pair of sparkling silver trainers to the star – who was clad in a black with a red leather jacket – he asked: “Ladies and gentlemen, do I have your permission to fill these shoes?”

As he was then about start his dance tribute to the late ‘Thriller’ singer – who tragically died in 2009 ahead of a planned 50 comeback shows at The O2 – Usher added: “Are you ready? For those of you who don’t know who I’m talking about, it’s the one, the only Michael Jackson.”

The star then applied his footwork to a version of Michael’s ‘Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough’, which segued into his own ‘U Make Me Wanna’.

The 32-year-old performer also appeared onstage in a buckled space suit, and wasted no time in stripping off at various points during the show to display his impressive physique to the crowd.

Usher – who split from wife Tameka Foster in 2009 after two years of marriage – also made reference to his troubled love life saying “sometimes it’s good to be single”.
    After slowing down proceedings with a selection of ballads including ‘Burn’ and ‘U Remind Me’ and, the US superstar ended the evening with the high energy trio of ‘Pop Ya Collar’, ‘U-Turn’ and recent smash hit ‘OMG’.

Usher was supported by British rapper Tinchy Stryder who warmed up the crowd with his hits including ‘Number One’.

Usher will play two more gigs at London’s O2 on February 17 and 18. For more information visitamex.co.uk/access

http://www.musicrooms.net/urban/25825-usher-paid-tribute-to-michael-jackson-at-the-02.html
    ionkazl
    ionkazl

Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11). Empty Re: Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11).

Post  ionkazl Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Great Usher!!!! Thank you Starfish!
    Usher paid tribute to Michael Jackson during his performance at London’s The O2 last night (04.02.11). 674127

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:15 am